Daily Report: Arkansas Dept. of Health monitoring COVID-19
A daily update on the coronavirus outbreak in Arkansas, as well as links to local and national stories, and tips on prevention and care.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KAIT) - The Arkansas Department of Health is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 daily.
As of Friday, Jan. 21, according to the ADH website, there were:
- 13,073 new cases
- 726,716 total cases of COVID-19 in Arkansas
- 101,141 active cases (+3,512)
- 615,874 recoveries
- 9,484 total deaths (+14)
- 1,658 currently hospitalized (+18)
- 195 on ventilators (+8)
- 5,155 vaccination doses administered
- 371,748 partially immunized (-72)
- 1,533,728 fully immunized (+1,490)
- 6,230,754 people total have been tested
- 5,480,457 people have tested negative
The counties with the highest new cases:
- Pulaski: 1,035
- Benton: 859
- Washington: 702
“We recognize Arkansans’ concerns about this illness, and we are committed to keeping the public informed with as much information as we have about the virus, while also protecting the
Region 8 counties reporting positive cases of COVID-19 include:
Nursing Homes: For the latest report on COVID-19 cases among Arkansas nursing home residents and staff, click here.
The ADH has released an interactive map of COVID-19′s spread throughout the state, including the number of cases, recoveries, and deaths by county.
For a national county-by-county interactive map, based on per capita COVID-19 cases, go here: https://bit.ly/COVIDpercapita »
For questions concerning the coronavirus, the ADH has established a call center staffed by health care providers.
Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., those with urgent and non-urgent questions should call 1-800-803-7847.
After 4:30 p.m., urgent calls needing an immediate response should call 501-661-2136.
- March 11, 2020: Gov. Asa Hutchinson announces the first “presumptive case” of coronavirus in the state.
- March 19, 2020: Craighead County records its first case of COVID-19.
- March 24, 2020: First death reported in Arkansas
- April 9, 2020: Jonesboro orders emergency COVID-19 curfew
- April 15, 2020: First COVID-19 death reported in Craighead County
Copyright 2022 KAIT. All rights reserved.